October 13, 2011

Rome!


You are hustle and bustle.
You are sellers on the streets,
You are two tourists for every cobblestone.
You are old, mixed with new; history hand-in-hand with modernity.
You are traffic, always. Toy cars weaving around your noble, crumbling monuments, around your looming and commanding Colosseum; pinnacles of past glory still holding their ground.
You are art, religion, detail.
How could anyone just go about their day? People, look up. Look up!









IMG_3184
IMG_2833
IMG_2849

Vittorio Emmanuelle monument
Trevi fountain

St. Peter's Square
IMG_3007

IMG_2971

IMG_3046
IMG_3064
IMG_3082
IMG_3091




IMG_3182

IMG_3242

11 comments:

  1. These pictures are so great! Looks like such a wonderful time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am so jealous! and you look gorgeous. :)


    and my word verification is 'rometoga' hah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH my gosh GORGEOUS place, and so is your face:) haha. Rome looks amazing I love all of the old architecture! WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun... we were just in Rome two weeks ago.
    And it is a 'hustle & bustle' atmosphere. Did you go anywhere else? Enjoyed your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So envious. This pictures make me swoon. It looks like a great trip for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful writing my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how wonderful! I've only ever been to Paris and would love to go to Rome!

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  8. loks like you had a wonderful trip. the pictures are beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. please tell me there was wonderful old Italian music playing everywhere. I just want to hug all these photos in hope of it making me that little bit closer to Europe

    ReplyDelete
  10. you are just the cutest couple!

    ReplyDelete